PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cosford air show cancelled
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2021, 06:18
Finningley Boy

Received 77 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Herod
Could you explain why that is relevant, let alone remarkable?
I thought I'd get this response, Herod, this pandemic is nothing if not a politically polarized battle ground. If you want to know how polarized, listen to what Rishi Sunak had to say yesterday, he didn't just fret about the economy, he claimed evidence that the link between infections and Hospitalization had been broken, essentially, we can return to normal in most respects. Listen to anyone from SAGE, the Labour Party (the latter are typically more tempered because they're terrified of annoying the electorate), but the message is lock down, lock down and lock down forever. I might be paranoid but I'm interested in the correlation between attempts to supress liberty when the arguments become more contentious and how it is certainly the left of the polarizing which supports heavy handed lock downs and heavy handed restrictions indefinitely, regardless of the impact on the economy, or indeed, overall health. I was listening to a SAGE expert a week ago, he was as po faced as they come about any ideas of relaxed Covid rules, when the interviewer asked him about the economy, his honest answer, and it was honest, was to dismiss any such concerns with 'I'm not an economist'. He managed to make the question sound utterly irrelevant. That's why I'm mildly concerned, interested, in a card carrying communist getting to hold such influence over the government's direction especially where the economy stands. It was mentioned the other day on LBC, imagine a member of the BNP or Britain First, or UKIP dare I say, ending up on SAGE advising a Labour government! Or this government even!!

FB.