PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Microlights
Thread: Microlights
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2003, 22:19
springers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought a Raven 912 from Medway earlier this year. To echo the other comments, the Raven wing offers IMO the best characteristics of any UK weight shift machine. It's light in roll, delightfully stable in lumpy air and it's fast in the cruise whilst still having a low stall speed.
It needs the 912 engine for two up flying and to give a decent climb rate.

The Eclipser trike unit has shock absorbers on the landing gear - I couldn't believe how much they improved my landings compared to the Quantum I'd learnt on. ;-) Also beautifully engineered disc brakes.

The new Medway trike, the AV8R is worth investigating. It has comfortable touring seats, a massive fuel tank and therefore range, and is competitively priced.

As others have mentioned, the Medway team are somewhat larger than life - however I have found them really down to earth and great to deal with. They operate a real club and school and are geared up towards students getting their licence (unlike others who are set up more for Red Letter Day type trial flights).

Phone up the school and arrange a trial flight. You'll love flying in the Raven and decide for yourself if you want to spend your cash with the instructor you meet.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

S