PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2021, 03:02
KRviator

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by SOPS
Ok… the person was 90, however the first death has occurred.
The first death in what, 6 months? And she wasn't 90, she was in her 90's, already well past the average life expectancy for someone in their age range, which, IIRC, is somewhere around 82-83. My question - to which there will never be an answer - is "Replace Covid with Influenza, would she have survived that infection?"

While any death is tragic, I cannot fathom why we have, and are continuing, to spend such sums as mentioned by MickG when the Government has placed a specific value on human life for everything else - yet with Covid they've thrown that right out the window and are throwing money around like confetti, with scant regard for who is going to pick up the tab at the end of the party.

Originally Posted by MickG0105
...we're going to be looking at something in the order of around $10+ million per life 'saved'.
If that figure is even close to reality, based on around 45,000 deaths, it is obscene. No person is worth that amount of spending, no matter who they are. The Government's own figure puts a health adult, with 40 years ahead of them at only $6M, and your typical healthy adult is not the one's we are protecting - but they are the ones who are going to be stuck paying this several-hundred-billion-dollar bill for generations to come, and they've got absolutely no say in it!

Originally Posted by SOPS
Police find people playing cards together.. and IKEA stays open. What wil it take, Gladys?
That's ridiculous, and be buggered if I know what the answer is. There was a group of teens at an 18th party for fuxake! Talking to the inlaws who live down that way, they reckon the Rozzers are now set up with ANPR technology on the roads in and out of their local area - and not a minute too soon, if you ask me.

I might not necessarily agree with lockdowns, et al, but when they're imposed, everyone has an obligation to comply with them.