PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Trifocals with a difference
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2021, 00:29
Roj approved

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Deethy19
Hi All,

I’m researching glasses. My current multi focal lenses are great but I need a reader correction at the top of the lenses to view the overhead panel. Can anyone recommend an optometrist in Melbourne, Victoria that can handle this kind of request. So far the usual suspects, OPSM and Specsavers just can’t cope.

TIA!
I found an independent Optometrist, (non Franchise, spec savers etc) that has been in the business a while and uses the old school manual machine. Have a look for an older Person with experience with pilots, maybe around the Essendon area?

I have “graduated” glasses. I took measurements of the focal distance/angles I needed. Ie: writing in the tech log/EFB (corrected), programming the Box (corrected), looking out the window (not corrected).

I needed to get the reading correction “raised” up a little because of the angle needed when writing/EFB. The overhead is a bit of a compromise, but if you turn the lights up a little it’ll help. (The big RED lights are pretty easy to see without glasses🤓&#129299

It takes a while to get used to them, but it is much better with than without.

I flew with a Capt that had 3 pairs of glasses as the “multi focal” thing didn’t work for him. 😩