PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Acronyms and other gobbledygook
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2021, 11:14
NutLoose

Received 2,900 Likes on 1,242 Posts
Another one off the RAF website and a lesson in how to tick every box.

I regard Diversity & Inclusion as essential elements of the Royal Air Force. Through both we will develop wisdom, increase insight and deepen our understanding of the World today. This will improve our decision-making and enhance our lethality as we confront the challenges ahead.

We must attract and nurture diversity through race, religion, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and pregnancy alongside increased socio-economic representation and greater cognitive diversity if our Service is to succeed and prosper. Visible and invisible Diversity will enrich our understanding of the World, broaden our insight into its challenges and widen our debates to allow us to make better decisions, build velocity and act more effectively as a Service. In parallel, Inclusivity allows us to harness the innate and collective power of our Whole Force. We will benefit from a sum greater than the parts and materially and cognitively mobilise the workforce through a real sense of worth and reward. Everyone’s intellect, perspective and cultural points of view are vital to the Service’s endeavours.

As the Royal Air Force Diversity & Inclusion Champion, I will deepen and broaden Diversity across the Service and extend and exploit Inclusivity across the Command. I am passionate about this and will be a strong advocate for both. I will lead our drive, set the direction, harness the network, direct the Champions and demand progress. I will seek out and reward positive behaviours and role models in order to inspire others and raise awareness of our successes. I will be an active and engaged ambassador with external organisations, which will help make our Service more accessible to minorities and enable us to learn from others.
and I do wonder how that lot of erm…. fits in with this off the same site.

Do not get me wrong I am not against any of the above diversity, but if you are recruiting bus drivers you do not advertise for, nor recruit blind people, similarly if you are recruiting combat troops, you need fit people and able people, that’s just playing sensible.

Everyone who joins the RAF must pass a fitness test.

Pre-Joining Fitness Test

The test is called the Pre-Joining Fitness Test (PJFT). To pass, you’ll need to run 1.5 miles (2.4km) on a treadmill within a set time. Then you’ll need to do a minimum number of press-ups and sit-ups within a minute. The time limit for the run and the number of press-ups and sit-ups will depend on your age and gender.

Last edited by NutLoose; 10th Jul 2021 at 11:28.