PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BEA property around London
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2021, 09:47
HZ123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting topic in the late 80's I was a Security Surveyor based in the new Vanguard House. Our Director was David Hyde who wore a number of hats including Head of Safety and Security, also he had a hand in the property portfolio. Ceasing the moment at the monthly meeting I volunteered to review off airport property security. I was able to get 52 pages of A4 paper with World wide property of that nearlt 30 pages of it were in the UK. At that time we had a hotel/conference centre in Chesham but of real interest was a farm and golf course in Essex. When I said to him one day I was off to inspect our Essex property he said there is no such thing as BA owning that. Anyway I showed him my paperwork and he checked and confirmed we indeed were the owners. I was told it wouod be disposed of but I never recall hearing about it again or finding any reference to its sale. At this time we also had the 1-11 club at BHX and the Clansman at GLA. A very nicely placed sales/reservations office in St Helier to name a few. Wish I had kept the list>