PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2021, 07:26
booze

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the worst thing you can do is blaming westerners taking eastern european jobs here... We have heard this line many times before the other way around. Not a good thing going down that rabbit hole believe me. It just further divides and fractures the pilot group... My experience was however whenever i flew with someone and the dreaded union subject came up was always mixed emotions. There were the ex-major/natl' guys who were the biggest capitalists when it came down to this subject and trying to oppose it whenever they had a chance and there were the younger generation (from all over europe, not just westerners) who would've liked something like that just lacked the knowledge and will to start getting together. I'm sure if something would be formed by the latter the other group would try and piggyback on the opportunity immediately. I'm sorry to say, but i guess i can as an eastern european: i have never experienced as much undercutting, getting things done outside the scope of published waiting lists, etc. like i saw it during my time at wizz. And no, these wheeling and dealing was not done by westerners but by locals. Every. Single. Time.