PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The first job hunt - Australia.
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2021, 01:43
Wedgetail77

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The first job hunt - Australia.

First off - i want to quickly acknowledge that we are all in this together - International long haul pilots, GA Pilots and Operators. It's a tough time and understand that my situation is not nearly as bad as others.

However, i thought i would re-ignite a heavily asked question on these forums - although, hopefully, with updated information considering the pandemic we are going through.

I got my CPL last year Dec' and Multi this year Feb' and have approx. 200hr total. (Yep, Fresh!)

Whilst I appreciate that the aviation industry is currently facing challenges, I remain eager to establish a relationship with any operator in the event that any positions do arise.

Unfortunately, i'm not in a position where i can do the drive north due to family and financial reasons. I have been sending out emails with the standard "Thanks for your email - we will keep your resume on file" reply.

I have actively pursued involving myself in the GA industry and so far, i have gotten to know some really great people but alas, no opportunities have arisen.

So the question remains! How did you get your first aviation job? Any tips/advice for someone starting out in this pandemic? Websites? (Other than AFAP). Emailing tips? Resume tips? Any chief pilots out there with some advice?

Appreciate it.