PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - drone dodging proposal
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2021, 22:53
Fl1ingfrog

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I have no involvement in drones and nothing to gain from their growth.

The reason I dispute the need for medical drones surely not is because I have been running aviation and medical services for 35 years.
Putting your head in the sand and keeping it there will result in a very sore backside.

Away from the movies we do not suddenly need drugs and blood products.
If you truly do have an involvement in medical services I do not see how you have your view. Particularly in accident and emergency it is common for hospitals to urgently search for many things, not only blood, that are needed to save life. Speed can be critical when patients are on the operating table and sedated. The Surgeons must wait whilst what is required is located and transported. But parallels also exist in many industries with parts or samples urgently required at the last minute. We live in a world of an increasing just in time culture and drones will be part of it. Traffic management, power line and pipe inspections are an obvious growth area for drones. Arial photography and filming gives an opportunity for helicopter operators to expand into drone usage.

Smart phones are an example of how uses can rapidly evolve. Often, when operating a survey, I would encounter a problem and need advice, With a smartphone I could simply take a photo or video and within seconds the picture was with the expert or customer. People now navigate both in their cars and also when flying aeroplanes utilising their smartphone GPS. The translating apps are becoming a must for instantaneous communication when working or travelling around the world. The smartphone applications are endless and the same will happen with drones. It is incredibly important that all parts of aviation gets involved with drone developers to ensure the evolvements are safe, compatible with and complement all aviation generally. Pilotless heavy transport is well advanced in development. Passenger carrying services will follow, for that be assured.

Last edited by Fl1ingfrog; 9th Jul 2021 at 11:42.