PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - drone dodging proposal
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2021, 20:47
homonculus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The reason I dispute the need for medical drones surely not is because I have been running aviation and medical services for 35 years. Away from the movies we do not suddenly need drugs and blood products. Blood tests that are not preplanned are done bedside. This is quite different from Brazil where drones are safely used over uninhabited forest to take drugs, vaccines and blood to front line workers who take days to reach isolated villagers by boat and only know what is needed on examination.

I dont think anyone has an issue with line of sight use of drones by the police, and we use them regularly in agriculture. What I am less happy with is the idea of regular out of line of sight drones when I am flying. The reason for these trials is to push the envelope and increase the number of drones in the crowded airspace in the UK. Until there is an absolute guarantee the drones will see and avoid I believe these trials should be suspended. I for one am quite happy to have my amazon deliveries by road. The promoters are not doing it other than for commercial gain.