PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - REX to transition to ATRs, start domestic jet ops
Old 8th Jul 2021, 02:08
MickG0105

Received 218 Likes on 105 Posts
Originally Posted by 430W
I'm not going to do the rounds on this.

While it is a while since I got these documents from Boeing, that is not the case with Airbus. They are freely available on Airbus World without limitation and it is in the manufacturers interest to hope any operator uses the syllabus provided and I can assure you CASA insist on it in the Part 142 approval process if you want approval to do type ratings on that particular aircraft. You can add more or move things or the order around but they will tick off each and every item in the syllabus to make sure it is covered.

In the case of Airbus there was no fee for the syllabus just as there were no fees for a lot of the other great publications they produce in the interest of safety and training. There were fees for other technical support.

In case I wasn't clear there is no IP that "VA" could claim in regards to this unless their documents were copied in toto and you just don't need to do that as everything is easily available and why would Rex open themselves up to it. I'm no fan of Rex and certainly do not believe they should have been subsidised to enable them to start this operation but even I think they are smarter than that.

End of it for me. Got better things to do.
So now we're over to talking about Airbus, here's how they typically annotate their documents,
The content of this document is the property of Airbus.
It is supplied in confidence and commercial security on its contents must be maintained.
It must not be used for any purpose other than that for which it is supplied, nor may information contained in it be disclosed to unauthorized persons.
It must not be reproduced in whole or in part without permission in writing from the owners of the copyright.
Requests for reproduction of any data in this document and the media authorized for it must be addressed to Airbus.