PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight engineer Roy Mole and other Vickers/BAC flight test personnel
Old 7th Jul 2021, 17:33
flying brain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Dad was an Empire Test Pilot School test pilot who was seconded to Vickers Aviation. He flew with Jock Bryce and Brian Trubshaw and has many entries with them in his logbook.

Originally Posted by Jhieminga
That project was completed in 2008 and a Roll of Honour is now at Farnborough. Sadly John Maynard, one of the creators, passed away shortly afterwards and the website went offline in 2010. Damien Burke has now reconstructed this site and included it in his Thunder & Lightnings website: http://www.*************************...rial/index.php

This memorial lists all the casualties but what I'm after is a complete list of all the personnel that worked in flight testing for Vickers/BAC. I'm in touch with Brooklands but unfortunately their records are not complete.

Edit: seems like I'm not able to link to Damien's fantastic website. Google 'Thunder & Lightnings' and the first link is the one you're after. 'Test flying memorial' is in the main menu at the top of the page.