PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - drone dodging proposal
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2021, 11:10
cessnapete

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by rans6andrew
An outfit called Altitude Angel is asking for feedback on a proposal to trial UAVs in unsegregated airspace, specifically a corridor to the south of Reading parallel to the M4. They are claiming to be able to do this safely and, I quote, "For the avoidance of doubt, the Arrow Drone Zone places no special or different equipage requirements on manned aircraft operating in the vicinity" The trial is to start in September.

I have further info, probably too much to post on here without getting into trouble with the mods?, possibly ACP-2021-032 has more.

I have serious concerns about this as it is an area of airspace close to my base that is specifically mentioned. The documentation I have seen so far does not indicate how they intend to detect and avoid drones and manned aircraft within the trial airspace without specific equipage and does not detail what equipage we are assumed to have installed. Along with many others my aircraft is without transponder.

Do any of you have any further information on this trial?

Rans6........

The proposed trail area will effect White Waltham operations, go through the circuit of a local airstrip they appear not to be aware of. And infringe the approach to R24 at Brimpton.
Other than those, no problems foreseen.