PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GPMG Puma fit - when did it change #2
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2021, 13:34
NutLoose

Received 2,851 Likes on 1,219 Posts
Shy, when I was out there we had a block inspection, opening the very top lockers you couldn't reach i was confronted with some 7.62 blanks and i think the odd full one, panic mode set in, what do I do with them, chucking them out the window was soon dispelled with as not a good idea, leaving them in situ wasn't a good idea either as they may be discovered on the inspection, burying them came to mind but the thought of getting caught doing it also kicked that into touch so I took them to the armoury,,, sheepishly I explained what I had found.. Ohh they will come in handy, we are often short of the odd round was the reply...

Fast forward to Bruggen where we were live armed with some mags full of ammo sealed in some really thick plastic, "to be opened if required".. you signed for x number of mags with 20 rounds in, come the time they were near life ex we would get them on our annual GDT shoot, it took us about 10 mins to chop through the plastic to get a mag out, just as well we never needed them. then the good old "in your own time" 20 rounds.. 16, 17 click....... turns out a lot of them obviously filled by bored armourers tasked with filling xyz amount of mags several years prior and never had the 20 rounds in you signed for...