PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VOR final approach course not aligned with runway
Old 6th Jul 2021, 00:27
galaxy flyer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by chx230
avtur007

You will not say this if someone is checking you QAR for every single flight! And they DO care where did you touch down. They will warn you in 72 hours if you don’t land within 2000ft. Plus, they will monitor your speed, altitude, track, timing of configuration, taxi speed, G-load when touch down, etc. etc. Even the pith up rate during takeoff, should be within 2.5-3.5 degree/s. If you don’t operate within their standard, you will get in trouble. Our chief pilot was fired just because he triggered PULL UP but continued to land at Queenstown (NZQN), even though it was perfect VMC outside. Moreover, we don’t have a lot of flights during pandemic. So, everyone is keeping eyes on you when you fly out. And our boss is trying all his best to find a excuse to fire some one to save money. Nobody want get during this tough time.

Other than that, I do agree going visual is the easiest way. But I insist it is not always the safest way. If I have any doubt, I will find the regulation, and obey the regulation. Fly like a lawyer, not a cowboy. I think this is the best way to protect myself and my career during these days. That’s why I am asking here.
Sounds like a very poor “just culture” running around instilling fear instead of safety habits. I find it hard to believe, but not impossible, that a US operator would be using a FOQA program as termination tool. Yes, continued intentional violations must be dealt with but there needs to be due process.