PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2021, 21:48
blubak

Received 66 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by PoppaJo
Kingsford Smith cannot be at a standstill until the end of August. I can’t believe that I am siding with McGowan here, but if there is a time to play whack a mole, now is it.

I have stood by her approach in the past but for heavens sake get it over and done with and we can get back into YSSY by the end of this month.

My colleagues down there all are fairly upfront that they are living on scraps for the next 8 weeks. I don’t know how half of them do it. Some are so financially screwed they are asking to move base to a regional port to get back in the black. Many industries will go back under her suppression attempt next week however Aviation will be 4-8 weeks behind.
Agreed her approach has been very sensible but now its a bit of a different story.
There are all of these close contacts of the unvaccinated nurse & also the staff in a nursing home of whom 2/3 are not vaccinated.
The feds say all healthcare workers have to have been vaccinated by Sept 1st,thats 2 months away ffs!
If these are the facts & nobody is taking any notice of her stay at home orders & whatever else she has in place it is now time as you say to go full tilt to control it.
Personally i hate strict lockdowns along with most others i know but looking at whats unfolding in nsw now,its going to go on for a long time & end up in a long lockdown just like ours last year.
Good luck to everyone being affected(again),we are all hoping this is over very soon.