PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Would you do it again?
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2021, 15:40
nickler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The amount of stupidity of some posts is puzzling.
Point 1 I did not get any "special treatment". In 2019 Airline X was advertising for Direct entry Captains, I applied, went to the interview, passed it, got the contract, got it cancelled because of covid. Fair enough ? If You don't want DECs joining then go complain to airline managers.
Point 2 from PPL to Widebody command it took many more years, but this is completely irrelevant. I started 25 years ago RHS in a charter lot, then moved to the sandpit and ended up staying there 20 years. There is no luck involved mate, just using wisely the opportunities you are given in life and making informed decisions. I am no special case, tons of other colleagues have followed the same path, but for those who look from the outside it is far easier to talk about "luck" rather than hard work and commitment; it's always the same story.
The industry is treating us like garbage, people get fired and replaced within a few weeks with cheaper more desperate commodities. Again if You think this is the way it should be then I understand we have no future whatsoever.