PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2021, 10:44
KRviator

Received 121 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by jrfsp
Why always single out WA and QLD.......SA and TAS are also on the zero covid mentality - nothing to do with politics obviously....
Why am I always singling out WA and Qld? No, it ain't politics, I don't subscribe to either Labor or Liberal, rather I genuinely believe they're all a pack of asreholes and you're only voting on who is going to use the most lube while they screw you over...

But, to actually answer your question, for WA simply because I work there, and their standard response is to lock out everyone from NSW, not just the LGA. By the end of this dance, I will be well over $100K out of pocket because I cannot get to work. I had 11 months off work last year, burning through what leave I could access at half-pay, then going on LWOP. I am going on LWOP again now because I am in NSW and can't get to work, even though I live in an LGA that has had exactly zero local cases, since Covid began! But obviously, the 'expert' health advice being given by the WA CHO is that we're all too much of a risk out here in the sticks of NSW, so I'm SOL, along with dozens of colleagues.

But you've raised Tasmania, so let's consider what would happen if I worked in the apple aisle:
Originally Posted by The Tasmanian Government
New South Wales - border restrictions
New South Wales remains low-risk apart from:
The Local Government Areas (Level 2) listed below and as shown in this map
High-risk (Level 1) premises listed below.
Source
South Australia is copying WA and locking out anyone and everyone from NSW, no matter if you live in Walgett, Wyong or Waverly! The difference is, only one of those places has Covid issues...

And as for Queensland, no one in NSW is going to let her off the hook after her "Queensland hospitals are for Queenslanders!" comment that led to the death of an infant, even if indirectly. Nor are they going to forgive the impact on NSW citizens who live in Northern NSW and their being locked out of Queensland, while at the same time, the Queen-P's-Land CHO openly declared "if you're famous, a footy player, or are going to bring some $$ with you, we'll welcome you with open arms!" while at the same time, thumbing her nose at everyone else.

So no, it isn't politics, if you treat Australian citizens like shyte, expect to be called out on it.