PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2021, 02:20

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
As for changing guidance, have you ever decided to make a change to a previous decision you made on the flight deck due to change in circumstance?
It amazes me that as professional pilots we cannot accept that the knowledge about this virus gets better with time and therefore will/may require a change to our response.
As pilots we do this all the time.
Why do some of us do not allow other professionals and Governments to change advice?
I would hate to assume that this stance against the changing advice/response is based on a political position.

To answer your flight deck analogy, there’s this new fangled thing called CRM, where we question decisions that don’t make sense.
To enable the CRM analogy to be considered in this conversation, the general population would need to have the same level of knowledge as the medical profession.
I am sure that when you moved on to a new type, a lot of what was written in study material did not make sense. You studied it and eventually it did make sense.
The medical profession is in the learning phase with this virus without any guidance or study material.

As they learn more things will change.

W