PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2021, 00:40
minigundiplomat

Received 189 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by dr dre
No, they’ve revised their guidelines because of the higher level of vaccination in the US and subsequent decrease in risk. They still recommend mask wearing for the unvaccinated in crowded outdoor settings and in close contact with other unvaccinated in high Covid spread areas, even in summer.

On the contrary the use of science to combat this pandemic, especially the use of science to quickly create effective vaccines, is one the greatest achievements of humanity in years and scientists deserve to be placed far higher up the totem pole of who is honoured in our society. How many Australians would recognise our last Nobel Prize Winner versus some C grade “celebrity” spouting nonsense like Pete Evans I wonder?

The credibility of those who spend their days trolling on the internet trying to attack the “so called experts” without any evidence themselves? Well they never had any credibility to begin with.....
Right back in early 2020 those so called experts told us the science spoke to them and told them we weren’t to wear masks. Don’t p1ss in my pocket and tell me it’s raining, scientists and doctors have been winging as much of this pandemic as they have been guided by science. And I still want guarantees that decision making that affects our civil liberties won’t be based solely on Professor Neil Ferguson’s shonky modelling in the future.