PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2021, 00:05
ChrisJ800

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I was working overseas in Malaysia for 2 years but made the decision in March 2020 not to stay there during a pandemic so came home in the 2nd week of March just before borders were shut and with a cheap $400 airfare. Admittedly at the time I thought I would be able to return after 1 or 2 months but I do not regret my decision as would much rather ride out a pandemic here. Friends of mine in Asia have got seriously ill from catching Covid possibly left with long term health issues.

Many ozzies stuck overseas can return if they have the money for a First or Biz class airfare and I know people who have done this and then also spent money on hotel accommodation. And of course if you have a boat or private plane you can get back fairly easily. Most boat entry ports other than Thursday Island are operating normally to process international arrivals. So its unfortunately often economic reasons why ozzies are still stuck overseas.

ScoMo has his Shark One A330 to fly around in and luxurious home quarantine. For most of the rest of us, saving up for a first class airfare would be the practical way to get home at the moment.