PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2021, 12:39
ozbiggles

Received 37 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by aviation_enthus
Define “stuck”. I’m lucky to still have a job, a visa and a house to live in. Over the past 18 months I’ve encountered plenty of people that had massive problems returning home due to the border restrictions.

Haven’t visited Australia on holidays since mid 2019. Given the current issues around travel and the border, I don’t expect to visit again until mid next year. So that’ll be about 3 years by then. That’s longer than normal, as an expat you anticipate being able to head home once a year.

Currently working overseas, but like many it’s not a permanent decision, we will come back. Australia is our country. Our home.

Probably 99% of the Aussies I’ve spoken to in the last 18 months are pissed off about the way they’ve been treated by their own country. Plus it’s ironic that Australia thinks it’s the “envy of the world” with their pandemic management. I can tell you with a straight face that’s a load of BS. The rest of the world is laughing at us!!
I'd suggest to you the relatives of the 128, 000 dead UK citizens from Covid aren't laughing....