PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BEA property around London
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2021, 10:45
pax britanica

Received 48 Likes on 21 Posts
Bp

Having read your interesting book (s) i know you have an issue with BEA and can understand why as well having grown up in a town village where almost everyone was BOAC or BEA and it was clear to me even in my teens that some organisations held undue sway over both corporations.
Nuff said on that

I dont recall any 'BA' cabin crew that lived in the village or on the Airways housing development although people from all kinds of areas of the airline did live there, a couple of Pan Am cc did live in the village as I recall .
As for aircrew i do recall my school friend who went through Hamble straight from school and then to BOAC getting a pretty decent mortgage compared to what I could afford and he had a decent car so he can't have been doing that badly More senior a/c seemd to live in places like Ascot, Sunningdale and Camberley, my friend moved to Windlesham after not all that long as an FO . Captain country as my father used to refer to them.

Camberley still seemed pretty popular with flight crew while I lived there with a few house names on places like Crawley Ridge (very leafy very pricey) having obvious aviation connections along with some personalised licence plates 4 DME and LHR 27L being two I recall seeing over the years I lived there