PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Martin Baker to be prosecuted over death of Flt Lt. Sean Cunningham
Old 1st Jul 2021, 07:57
dervish

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts
Some excellent posts here. I share chug's view and that of others. This book is required reading.
I hope the author doesn't mind, but this passage from page 70 stands out....

"Why was MoD signing a report arising from a British Aerospace query? Because Martin-Baker had correctly notified MoD. This is precisely the kind of empirical evidence required by investigators, and again indicative of the lack of depth of all investigations. Martin-Baker were accused of not advising MoD of the issues addressed by this investigation. MoD signed the report. Q.E.D."

That leaves me utterly speechless at the prosecution's gall and Martin-Baker's guilty plea, and despite producing the evidence proving them innocent of the charge, the author doesn't hold back from criticizing them. Their plea, to avoid upsetting MoD (the author directly quotes their lawyers), defeats justice and encourages recurrence. But the really interesting part is towards the end, The HSE investigator should be in the dock. I can't understand why the judge was happy being lied to.

This is a work of major importance. BZ Mr Hill.

Martin