PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 1st Jul 2021, 02:46
Lead Balloon

Received 419 Likes on 209 Posts
Back to the topic...

Glen

Can I suggest that whenever you send voluminous material about your case to anyone, you add this at the start:

"Background

My business and livelihood were effectively destroyed in 2019 when someone in the Civil Aviation Safety Authority woke up one morning and decided to conjure up some law that does not exist. Up until that point, CASA was aware of the detail and had approved of the operations of the safe and successful flying training organisation I was continuing to build.

The law that someone in CASA conjured up was this:

"The operational and organisational arrangements contemplated by CASR 141 [and Part 142] are based on a conventional business model, under which all of the operational activities conducted by the authorisation holder are carried out, for and behalf of the authorisation holder by persons employed by, and in all respects as agents of, the authorisation holder."

That statement sounds really impressive but is, in reality, rubbish.

Why didn't I take legal action against CASA? Because I could not afford to take on an organisation that has a longstanding reputation for using whatever tactics it can to drive people into the ground when it chooses to.

I am hoping that, by bringing these matters to your attention, you might be able to assist me in righting the wrong that has been done to me by CASA. The detailed factual background and supporting material for what I have said, follows."

Although you are across all of the gory and painful detail, others who come to the matter 'cold' will, I reckon, be helped by a 'big hands small maps' explanation of what your grievance is about.