PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UPDATE - GA Jobs 2021
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2021, 00:24
Roj approved

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DUXNUTZ
That advice is time tested advice. Back when I was going up north (two decades ago wow) I was told to get there just at the end of the wet, so around March or late Feb.
Duxnutz, I was in Darwin the other day (pre lastest lockdown), it has been a while, and I was very sad to see your namesake bar, and my favourite haunt from my time up north, was boarded up😢🥺 so many great memories.

Anyway, talking to store/restaurant/bar folk, due to the lack of travellers, there are more jobs than workers in Darwin.

I also heard what sounded like the usual amount of “lighties” flying around.

So, to the OP, here are some things to think about. (Once lockouts ease)

You won’t get a flying job up North, when you are down South.

There are lots of “jobs” in Darwin that will help you pay the bills.

Accommodation is reasonably priced.

While you are there, you could spend your time getting to know some pilots and CP’s/Owners.

Maybe it’s time to stop spending money on flying Quals that you don’t need, and start earning. Pay down the loans, put some money away for job hunting trips.

If you are still in Darwin at the beginning of the next dry season, that will put you at the front of the queue.

Another plus is the weather is great, the town was busy-ish and the local people will always need to travel by air.

IMHO, being “down South” and paying for more things isn’t going to get you a job in GA.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ALL YOUR ATPL THEORY DONE AND A DG CERTIFICATE BEFORE YOU GO.

P.S ALLIANCE is employing Flight Attendants for their EJet operation up there. Also try Air North.

P.S.S Look into the ground handling agents that do the airlines, the gate girl was there 3 months before being promoted to Supervisor.