PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2021, 03:21
KRviator

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts
'I do not want under-40s to get AstraZeneca', Queensland Chief Health Officer says
Originally Posted by The Queen-P's-Land CHO
No, I do not want under-40s to get AstraZeneca.
Originally Posted by Reporter
Why?
Originally Posted by The Queen-P's-Land CHO
Because they are at increased risk of getting - it is rare, but they are at increased risk of getting the rare clotting syndrome. We've seen up to 49 deaths in the UK from that syndrome.

I don't want an 18-year-old in Queensland dying from a clotting illness who, if they got COVID probably wouldn't die. We've had very few deaths due to COVID-19 in Australia in people under the age of 50, and wouldn't it be terrible that our first 18-year-old in Queensland to who dies related to this pandemic died because of the vaccine?
If this isn't so depressingly sad, it'd be funny.

"Very few deaths in Oz in under 50-yr-olds." But who are the ones being screwed over by the ongoing lockdowns - sorry, "Stay-at-home-orders"? Taxpayers. Who, are by and large, under 50! Who are the people going to be paying for the decisions these CHO's and Premier's are making? Taxpayers, particularly those under 50!

These decisions, particularly these days with the Delta variant that appears to be more contagious but nowhere near as fatal, are becoming more and more based on a CHO's opinion of risk, rather than data. For example: in NSW, on the 28th December 2020, we have had 4,683 cases that resulted in 56 deaths source. Fast forward to 30 June and we have had 5,637 cases that have resulted in exactly zero additional deaths Source.

1,000 more cases with no additional fatalities in 6 months and that's in NSW. Pretty good odd's I'd have to say.