PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2021, 07:37
Anti Skid On

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by John Eacott
There's a significant difference in vaccinations given and being fully vaccinated: being at the end of the supply chain and initially limited to mainly AZ jabs with a 12 week gap between the two, we stood little chance of matching countries who (understandably) kept the production for themselves. I'm among a significant number who will be getting their 12 week booster this weekend, and I suspect that the fully vaccinated figures will then boost noticeably.

Apathy and outright agitation against vaccination doesn't help: I can't help but remember everyone (yes, everyone) getting vaccinated against polio, the scourge which has virtually disappeared.

https://www.health.gov.au/initiative...accine-rollout
People forget that polio was a killer and is virtually gone (and smallpox too)

Re. NZ we went for Pfizer but also had the ability to source AZ; I believe we gave out AZ to Fiji, and NZ has also vaccinated the Cook Islands with Pfizer so that tourist bubble could open. It was on our news that we are running low on Pfizer, and like Australia NZ waited so the countries with the highest death rates had access ti it first, which maybe explains the slow rates,