PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA must regard the safety of air navigation as the most important consideration
Old 28th Jun 2021, 01:15
Dick Smith

Received 74 Likes on 29 Posts
CASA must regard the safety of air navigation as the most important consideration

As we all know, the Civil Aviation Act clearly states that safety is a more important consideration than cost.

Over two decades ago I was involved in the start of the regulatory reform process to remove every unnecessary cost, however the wording of the Act contributed to this morphing into regulations that are some of the most expensive in the world with which to comply.

I recently re-read my address to the Royal Aeronautical Society (see here) in relation to an aviation safety rating.

Perhaps someone who works for CASA at the present time can contribute with a post in relation to this address. Do they agree with it, or do they believe that fundamental changes have taken place because of the statement “CASA must regard the safety of air navigation as the most important consideration” so that my address is no longer accurate?

It is interesting – a copy of my address was given to all of the major media outlets at the time and created no controversy at all. I look forward to some healthy discussion.