PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2021, 06:57
Cafe City

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While much has been spoken about the increased communicability of some of the latest variants, I have not heard any of the CHOs mention to what extent the reported positive cases are suffering in terms of health outcomes or treatment response.
I am not of course expecting them to give details of individual cases but in the early days of the pandemic in Europe, we saw graphic footage of people literally gasping their last breaths and doctors being able to do little about it.
So for the current crop of positive cases in Australia, how sick in general are these people? Are the majority showing nothing worse than what would have put them on sick leave from work for a few days 2 years ago? Or are they all in hospital under constant attention with life-threatening symptoms?
I ask the question because I genuinely have not heard or read of what has happened to the vast majority who were positive over the past few months.
Also the seeming lack of people who have or are aware they have debilitating symptoms even though they have been in contact with these positive cases does not seem to add up. (I don't mean that in a conspiratorial manner - just an observation)
Can anybody enlighten me??

Last edited by Cafe City; 27th Jun 2021 at 07:42.