PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2021, 22:52
dr dre

Received 359 Likes on 197 Posts
Originally Posted by Gnadenburg

Why? Isn't it blatantly obvious? Thankfully I was vaccinated. Protected from Australia's flawed understanding of quarantine. It is the stupidity of wokeism? We can not say a non-white country is a quarantine threat due to our haunted past. If we stated repatriates from India are high threat of both COVID and inaccurate and forgeable testing, so they can not be placed in a hotel quarantine system, breakout risk is minimalised. But instead, I was advised by Victorian nursing staff my hotel was mixed and matched with repatriating high and low risk Australians.

Going forward, there is some merit in having purpose built quarantine facilities. Though unless we can categorise without apology, countries deemed to have a serious pandemic risk, they will be either used unnecessarily or with the passing of COVID, be more needless government expenditure.
Returned travelers UK and the US made up the bulk of positive cases in hotel quarantine in January yet no specific harsh measures were applied to any of those nations. Why not? Not “wokeism”, although you claim it must be because you say as of today non-whites aren’t being treated harshly, even though we didn’t treat mostly white returned travelers from the high threat US and UK harshly at the time.

People who complain about “wokeism” are being intellectually lazy.