PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2021, 22:31
Gnadenburg

Received 92 Likes on 41 Posts
One size fits all quarantine?

I repatriated last month. I was fully vaccinated. I had done two government certified COVID tests prior to departure which were on a template that looked difficult to forge. I was coming from a country where COVID was under control, with weeks of "doughnut days" and then the odd minor and soon to be contained outbreak.

Then, the same band of folks I was repatriating with, vaccinated and government tested, were placed in hotel quarantine with Australians repatriating from countries where COVID is out of control and testing known to be forged.

Why? Isn't it blatantly obvious? Thankfully I was vaccinated. Protected from Australia's flawed understanding of quarantine. It is the stupidity of wokeism? We can not say a non-white country is a quarantine threat due to our haunted past. If we stated repatriates from India are high threat of both COVID and inaccurate and forgeable testing, so they can not be placed in a hotel quarantine system, breakout risk is minimalised. But instead, I was advised by Victorian nursing staff my hotel was mixed and matched with repatriating high and low risk Australians.

Going forward, there is some merit in having purpose built quarantine facilities. Though unless we can categorise without apology, countries deemed to have a serious pandemic risk, they will be either used unnecessarily or with the passing of COVID, be more needless government expenditure.