PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin 3.1
Thread: Virgin 3.1
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2021, 14:35
AerialPerspective

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by PoppaJo
The Virgin boss pretty much said that.

Outrage was off the charts from the snowflakes of this land. #BoycottVirgin was trending immediately after.

How exactly will this country transition to having 1000s of cases a day in 2022. Which premier will be the first mover?
My view of Jane Hrdlicka's comments was that the only thing she did wrong was to apologise. She should have just said "Well, maybe it offends some people but I was speaking my mind and there was no malice involved so get over it".

I'm all for being polite to people but this social media pile on has become a lot of white noise. It reminds me of people in my early work career who would do as little work as possible but spend every moment they could in the lunchroom scoffing coffee and pontificating about everything and preceding every sentence with "the next thing THEY will do will probably be...."

Like social media warriors, they add nothing and just try and impose their negativity and twisted opinions on each other.

It often reminds me of that Australian stand up comedian - Steve someone, can't remember his second name - but he did a skit on being 'offended'. He correctly observed that many parents go around saying "I was offended...." yet when their kids come to them and say "Mum/Dad, that other kid called me an idiot...." they respond with "Don't worry, he's a dick". He then hilariously says "Be offended. Nothing's going to happen. It's not like someone's going to be saying I went to the comedy festival and this comedian made fun of our Lord Jesus and I was OFFENDED, then, when I got up the next morning, I had leprosy".