PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tips for CPL skills test
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2021, 13:45
212man

Received 336 Likes on 188 Posts
You may or may not have read this: https://publicapps.caa.co.uk/docs/33...23.04.2021.pdf

I would say this is good advice:
Handling Tolerances
The handling tolerances for the test are prescribed in Part-FCL. (Examiner should confirm the tolerances to be used). They are there for guidance only and so you should not get overly anxious about the limits. Should the aircraft deviate from these limits I will be looking for you to make smooth corrections without undue delay. In a similar way, if you think you have made a mistake then correct it and don't dwell on it. Everyone makes mistakes, so carry on with your flight, and concentrate on what you are doing. During your flight I shall be an interested passenger, open to conversation and some basic assistance if you ask, but I won’t be able to give advice or help you fly the aircraft. Please do not worry if I am being quiet. I will be trying not to interrupt your concentration
One thing students often forget - especially when they are failing training - is that flying is not the job. Flying is the means used to do the job, whether it is delivering passengers, ordinance or whatever, and that requires the mechanics to be second nature, so that your brain can concentrate on doing the work in hand. So, as an examiner, you want to see:
  • Good situational awareness
  • Good Threat and Error Management
  • Good decision making
  • General evidence of spare mental capacity
These are what are needed to be a good commercial pilot, and the ability to move the sticks well is a given.