PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Smart throttle
Thread: Smart throttle
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2021, 19:40
Private jet

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
tdracer

It's always difficult trying to imply irony on an internet forum and as you are a resident of the "western colonies" I should have known better than to attempt it.
All I know about Falcons is what they look like. "Give way to the Falcon" is the limit of my interaction with them. I don't have any experience of MCAS either, so I can't comment on it, but I'm sure the rot set into Boeing long before the 737MAX was contemplated. (Even the 747 had multiple "hair raising" issues, my Father was one of the early FE's, so i know) If you were really so unhappy with the slide back then why didn't you quit at the time? Don't lecture me on operating an aircraft and I won't lecture you, or anyone else, on how to design them. Aviators have been putting up with both design and commercial "comprimises" as long as aviation has existed. You are an obviously experienced fellow but you are not solely the truth and the light, sorry pal, it's very easy to become a preacher in retirement, and there's quite a few on here! haha.