PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MOD Diversity Chief
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2021, 08:27
Darkmouse

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
"All lives do matter, but anyone who can say with a straight face that the ethnic minorities in both the USA and the UK get the same treatment is deluded, and that goes for the military as well."

I'll tell you with a straight face that in the UK ethnic minorities get the same treatment. Don't take my word for it, there are plenty of studies and statistics that will tell you that with the exception of those of Afro Carribbean heritage, educational outcomes and later life earning figures for ethnic minorities outstrip thier white counterparts. That alone should tell you that skin colour plays no role in people's ability to succeed or otherwise in the UK. There are certainly inequalities, but they fall along socio-economic lines, not racial.

I have lived all over the world, and the UK is probably the most accepting place I have ever come across. In the RAF specifically, I have never met anyone who could care less about what colour someone is. It has been a very long time since anyone, other than the current crop of 'social justice warriors', generalised about people based purely on their skin colour.