PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Arriving into Australia as operating crew
Old 22nd Jun 2021, 06:19
pie_july

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arriving into Australia as operating crew

I am a crew member who regularly arrives and departs Australia. When I arrive, I’m shuttled into a crew transport and driven to a hotel.

In my experience, I have not seen any drivers wearing gloves, masks, or even asked the crew to sanitise. In VIC, the drivers have QR code’s inside their vehicles and are diligent about crew ‘scanning in’

In NSW this hasn’t occurred. The transport operator that my company uses appears to have dropped the ball. They are by no means a ‘cheap’ company and we are shuttled around in late model European vehicles.

I haven’t been to QLD yet so can’t comment on what they are or are not doing.

Fortunately, my employer is very strict on the COVID protocols which we must follow in regards to masks and other PPE, including in these vehicles. Key point to note, these are green zone flights from New Zealand, so perhaps they are allowed to follow less strict precautions but it does seem they are leaning towards being quite ‘laxed’

My concern is with these operators, as NSW has now had two outbreaks due to crew transport operators. I would like to know what is being done to stop this occurring again. Surely some serious questions are being asked as to how this has occurred again…!