PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MOD Diversity Chief
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2021, 19:29
highflyer40

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SASless
Toad....to me it is about actions not identities.

That is where you and I see it differently I am thinking.

I care not about how one "identifies" but I do care about their conduct.....and prefer we foster an environment that focuses upon the positive, the standards and principles that foster a superior performance in combat.

Any conduct that is prejudicial to that is what must be dealt with no matter the cause, source, or motive.

In the past I said I object to the term "Racial Justice" as I believe in just plain ol' Justice.....which covers us all. Just as I object to "Black Lives Matter" as I believe "All Lives Matter" which again includes us all.

That is why I challenge so much of what is going on today.....as the very language used is creating division instead of what the stated goal is supposed to be.

Requiring me to sit through a series of classes and briefings where I am told I am a Racist based upon my skin color seems awfully wrong to me.

That is not going to make me want to embrace those teachings.

We can set out. our Principles and Standards without getting into hyphens and identifies.......by doing that I suggest we can focus upon what we really need to be doing.

Here is what my Army teaches every Soldier.....what else do we need to teach that is not covered in these few simple sentences?

A single Identity is used....."Soldier".

https://www.army.mil/values/index.html
Nice quote. But that was written by army PR. What goes on in the barracks is very much different. You may get nothing out of the classes and briefings.. good enough, some can’t change their ways. The majority I think just never realised what some words and actions had on others and to be made aware of it can help.

All lives do matter, but anyone who can say with a straight face that the ethnic minorities in both the USA and the UK get the same treatment is deluded, and that goes for the military as well.

It’s one thing to have someone say your an asshole because they don’t like you. Fair enough. It’s quite another to have someone say I don’t like that n*****. It now has nothing to do with you as a person but you as an identity.