PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parachute Identity
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2021, 12:10
SASless

Received 520 Likes on 217 Posts
I have no basis to speak of the crossover issue....but looking at the size of the 17 vs the 130....and videos of 17 Jumps there seems to be no coordination on exit timing between the two sides.

I used to fly Medevac Standby for mass drops at Fort Bragg.....and saw some pretty funny things happen...especially on the equipment drops.

On public displays....the 82nd got smart....they staged operable equipment behind a small rise....dropped junk vehicles by parachute so they would land behind a second rise.....and after a decent interval would then drive the good vehicles out for display.

Why they would ever drop a serviceable vehicle just for practice escapes me....as the results could drive a Motor Pool Officer to distraction.

One bright starlit Full Moon night.....we got to pickup several Troopers who had somehow mistaken the glitter of the granite gravel in the macadam roadway for a stream....and rather than wait for their feet to hit the "water" they cut loose about Telegraph Wire height.....and were awarded broken ankles and legs for that failure to do right.

Dropping our SF friends while supporting their monthly training Ops...couild be good sport too.....like dropping a late comer at night so he could "join up" with is Patrol on the ground......from Twenty Miles away from where he thought he was getting out.

He did fetch up at the Rally Point at the appointed time after a very long walk in the woods.....surely thinking of how he was going to murder the Pilots who dropped him.