PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK to Decommission 50%+ of Airbus A380, Axe 1/2 of Pilots & Cabin Crew
Old 21st Jun 2021, 10:04
777boyo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nervous and Nimrod.
If you’d taken the time to look at the EK Annual Report for 2019/2020 you’d find all the information you’d want. It’s called a Balance Sheet, and is also summarized, including Debt, in the “Financial Highlights”. It’s all included in the document. I’m pretty sure that one will be published for 2020/2021. After 33 years there, yes, I know how the ME works, but I also have confidence that PWC would not sign off on the EK audit if they had doubts or did not otherwise trust the information which they were supplied with - the reputational damage would be severe. If you choose a cynical point of view, well, that’s your choice. As the saying goes, never let the truth get in the way of a good story.
I’m not defending EK here, but I would like to think that any rumour or speculation would be well founded in at least a modicum of truth. Wild generalizations and pure guesswork are just not helpful. Nobody is saying the Financials are good - they’re horrible, but it’s not one carrier, it’s the whole industry.

Last edited by 777boyo; 21st Jun 2021 at 10:14.