PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Positioning as pax with Crew ID
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2021, 07:03
FlyingGasMain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi 360BakTrak

I was wondering how you learnt of this most recent change to the red list country rules for aircrew ? Did your company tell you about it, or did you get an email from the UK govt / Border Force ? The rules have changed very recently as you say and the company I work for is aware but the relevant page on the UK Govt website says ‘updated 19th May 2021’, so somethings a bit odd. Maybe when they changed the rules they didnt change that date on the page.

When I last went home by airline about a month ago, the rule was you could come home from a red list country but had to do 3 lateral flow tests on days 2, 5 and 8 after getting home and record the results.

The rules dont seem very well written and dont stack up well with the rules for amber list countries. I think they’re (maybe understandably) written for airline crew and dont consider the possibility of commuting crew, be they airline or bizjet crew.

This latest change is going to affect me and some others I work with, so we’re trying to get some clarification about what happens in certain scenarios involving red list countries and coming home to the UK.