PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-10
Thread: Luton-10
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2021, 09:23
Dannyboy39

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To be honest, I'd rather they concentrate on an improved passenger experience. As part of "A" on the diagram above, is the plan to refurbish gates 1-3? Or for that matter, the entirety of the ground floor boarding areas in the old 1970s terminal.Why not just go the whole hog and put in a big building extension knocking it all down. I've not sure why it has constantly been a bit of adding individual portacabins on and never replaced it properly? Having boarded down there a few times in the last couple of years, it really is in need of an update.

I'd also like to see a cut-through by the first floor security exit so there isn't the compulsory walk through duty free (fat chance of this happening).

In regards to "Pier D", that is really going to be a long walk both to and from those gates! It could easily be a 10-15m walk from the furthest gate into the immigration hall.

As I believe I've mentioned before, they should renumber the gates: A1-A17, B20-B28, C30-C43, D50-D53 (for the possible new pier), but also have on all departures "go to X gates" and as a result people will not congregate as much in the main departure lounge and they will move towards their gate areas earlier making use of those additional seats added but not used many years ago.