PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-3
Thread: Southampton-3
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2021, 20:43
Rivet Joint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SKOJB

100%. I think the government is a bit busy at the moment not that these delusional hypocrites would notice. What a world we live in where bullying and nuisance is tolerated so long as it’s wrapped up in a supposed noble cause. The airport was having over 2 million annual passengers not so long ago so a cap of 3 million isn’t much more.

The one thing that I wish the airport would mention more is that during the planning process anyone can lodge an objection or a support. It’s my understanding that the majority were in support of the application which should be the end of the argument. More residents support the extension so how these extremists think they speak for all of us is lunacy. Let’s not forget the planning meeting went on for a few days to hear all their baseless moaning so it’s not like they haven’t had a fair chance to speak all their rubbish. Meanwhile the fifth cruise terminal is in its final stages of completion just next door to the historic flour mill that ABP pulled down and there is a brand new huge cruise ship fresh from the ship yard spewing huge clouds of smoke non stop. Funny how these mentalists don’t have a problem with all that.