PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA First Class Holder with treated hypertension, dreams of flying abroad done?
Old 16th Jun 2021, 15:10
bostonflight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question FAA First Class Holder with treated hypertension, dreams of flying abroad done?

Hello,
I am a First Class Medical holder in the US. I am young (and probably stupid) enough to want to potentially do some flying abroad before there is anything permanently keeping me in the US. And yes, I know that the rest of the world (especially Asia) is still very closed. I'm not at 1500/the regionals yet, so I have a time before this is even relevant.

I have a 2.5mg Amlodipine prescription and have been able to renew my first class without issue since I started it. I've read that as a part of the interview process for foreign carriers hiring expats, they poke and prod a good bit to make sure their training investment doesn't keel over/lose medical qualifications before they've used and abused them.
Would my prescription/diagnosed hypertension disqualify me from these jobs in the future because of the carrier's medical standards for expats? Or is it, if you have a medical and can clearly maintain it, it's fine?

Sorry if I did a job with the search function in advance.