PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Master List
Thread: The Master List
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2021, 05:19
galley cart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A321drvr

So is aviation becoming a closed shop now? BALPA only members get employed? What about pilots who are in the IPA or any other union or no union?

With regards to recruitment at TUI, I have it on good authority that to fly the plan in 2022 there would be a need for more pilots which is great news!

Off topic but the elephant in the room is already out of the bag: the recruitment of TCX DEC has caused a lot of bad feeling in the airline not least amongst those who were disadvantaged because of it. It might appear that BALPA had a big part to play in this not least because the chairman at the time of the CC wife was one of the ones employed (fact) but who knows? Well somebody does I guess. Im sure many of us have friends who lost their jobs at TCX, all I am sure very capable pilots who didnt get an interview, maybe they can try again for 2022?

Was it a sensible decision? Well if it was your business and you needed 50 captains to fly your boeings would you not look for rated pilots? After all type ratings arent cheap.

There is distrust amongst many of the pilots of the DFO who seems to be 'looking after his friends' and getting more than his fair share of flying which seems like a waste of resources when his time might be better spent doing his primary role. So as stated above, a breath of fresh air? I would say more of a dubious smell but some people like the smell of their own farts.

I'm sure the DFO is a smashing chap I just hope he isn't looking after his mates at the expense of business, but there is a lack of relevant communication so what do we know?

Posted from a new account because; well you know why.