PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Queen's Birthday Honours List 2021 - Military Division
Old 13th Jun 2021, 22:43
Cat Techie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by langleybaston
While Public Health England and the NHS [at leadership levels] were like rabbits in the headlights, the appointment of Bingham was a rare success in a bleak saga ............... whereas I don't think any Western government shone in dealing with the Chinese Plague, the Vaccination program - from purchasing to distribution to jabbing has been akin to a victory in a war. Bingham was the successful general in that war.
Her achievement will, directly or indirectly, benefit all Brits, even refuseniks. She was unpaid.
This in comparison to sporting heroes [!!!! heroes !!!!!} or actors is a level above ....... unless you are/were an England cricket supporter, Alistair Cook has done nothing for you or us.
I disagree with you opinions on most subjects. This one included.The NHS has ****e leadership from upstair at the beginning. Try Boris shaking hands with every Covid patient. Your party. Bingham's sucess story was due to the infrastruture that existed below her, not because of her. Alistair Cook has done much charity work you have never seen, or cared about. You done any charity work at all? I did loads for a dying friend that was the finishing statement for my last commendation, not that I was doing the charity work for any other reason than my friend.

Last edited by Cat Techie; 13th Jun 2021 at 23:12.