PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Celiac Disease and its consequences
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2021, 19:22
CamelGun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Celiac Disease and its consequences

Hello,

I am an EASA PPL holder and Medical Class 1 holder. I am currently undergoing an ATPL frozen course that I started in late 2019. In the last few weeks, I have been feeling not so good, as I experienced mild to moderate bowel pain, associated initially with diarrhea and then turned into constipation. I went to my gastroenterologist to get myself checked and he said I may have celiac disease, so he prescribed me several blood, urine, and feces tests. I had my tests done today, but since they should be delivered in the next two weeks I have a lot of time to think about the possible outcome of this situation. In just over a month I have my last ATPL theory exam sitting, and, to be honest, I feel demotivated since I do not know what to expect next. I know that the pandemic is not helping things out, but I still need to know what to do, since I have already spent some years in aviation. Last but not least, I have already paid in full for my ATPL course. What I would like to know, is if I can still expect to pursue a career in aviation. I know that I don't have a diagnosis yet, but I am pretty sure I have this condition since I perfectly match the related symptoms.