PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing 727 Holiday jets.
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2021, 18:20
TCU

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rog747
Now that is some offer!

We were due to be in CPT last year end of March - April 2020 staying the last week at the Mount Nelson and jumping on the Cunard QM2 to sail home to SOU but sadly the world fell apart and all was cancelled.
The QM2 has been sitting out here in Weymouth Bay or over at Torbay now for over a year.
We have rebooked the same trip with Cunard for April 2023 - So fingers crossed then it would be a pleasure to see you then, thank you!

My sister wants to do a Safari before CPT, and I want to see VIC Falls and stay at the famous old hotel.
So Plan A is fly LON to NBO and 3-4 nights in the Masai Mara then fly to VF for 2 nights, then on to CPT.
I know there are parks in the Kruger but I do love Kenya.
Unless you have any Kruger tips?

The BA58/59 Ahhhhhh 747 heaven.
rog, we are in danger of creating our own travel vlog here, so just a quick diversion:

In the Mara stay at Ol Seki. Save the wonderful landscape and wildlife, if you do your transfers from Wilson with Air Kenya, you are likely to get a ride on both the DHC-7 and DHC-6!

Kruger - go to North Kruger, fly into Hoedspruit with Air Link and stay at Rockfig....simply wonderful. As an aside, not only was Hoedspruit AFB the main forward air base for one of those secret SA border wars, but it was also an emergency Space Shuttle landing strip.

.....now back to Seven Two's