PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2021, 03:45
Foxxster

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by AerialPerspective
Haha, me too.

Makes me laugh that I innocently posted a reference to a segment on a news program (although I use that term lightly with Sky) by a demographic expert and every pretend expert on this forum has unleashed their mob-wisdom to discredit it without even realising what the point the guy was making was.

YES, people cross from one place to another in Sydney, but the ENTIRE BLOODY POPULATION doesn't do it on a daily basis. When you have a clump of suburbs in Melbourne that have an outbreak, there is no bridge or harbour or natural barrier, every suburb almost without exception borders (often on the other side of the street) with the next suburb. Given that not all 100% of people in Sydney drive to every other suburb separated from their region by a river or bridge every single day, it's OBVIOUS that sunken rivers and other barriers provide 'some' separation that does not exist in most other states, especially Victoria.

Precisely because of the bridge that you refer to this guy's position does have some merit, whether all the self-appointed geniuses on here agree with it or not. There is a physical/topographical difference between Sydney and Melbourne.
but provided absolutely no evidence, despite putting himself out there as an expert.

the latest outbreak in Melbourne actually contradicts his thoughts. It is confined to the north west of Melbourne, not spreading all over as he predicts. It is showing Sydney characteristics according to him, staying in one geographic area. The man was talking crap.

as for sydney , we have people travelling daily from the central coast, the blue mountains, Wollongong to the all areas of Sydney. Lot of tradies live on the central coast. No not 100% of people travel to every other suburb but as I stated our average commute length is the same as Melbourne and yes people do travel across the city regularly for shopping, sporting events,work etc etc.

but someone posted here that they travel across Melbourne to go to a restaurant but people in Sydney would never do that. So I guess that settles it. The so called expert must be right. Oh and we have a bridge, ooooh