PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2021, 09:04
Servo

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by C441
FWIW: There are some exemptions to the interstate travel restrictions associated with the Melbourne lockdown. One of them is that persons could depart Victoria if they were travelling to commence employment interstate. The gentleman in question (and his partner) was tested as a requirement of commencing employment on the Sunshine Coast and it was at this point that she was identified as a positive case. It is yet to be confirmed, but he (they) may well have been exempt from the travel limitations.
————————————————
Right on cue!
It appears that the couple may have been eligible for an exemption but didn't apply…...
They may very well have met the requirement for moving to a new location and or job. But entering NSW, I think they were still supposed to follow the requirements of the VIC lockdown, probably something similar when entering QLD, including isolation for 14 days, which from the look of it, they did neither. I hope they get massive fines, new job tells them to pi$$ off. If nothing comes of this, I would be incredibly surprised.